- Published: Thursday, 15 May 2014 20:07
- Hits: 4056
- Within 60 days (during which time the hens are immunized 4 times), you will receive 0.5 gram purified (>90% pure) IgY from your immunized hen (as well as a pre-immune IgY sample).
- This service is designed to provide researchers with a quick supply of sufficient custom chicken antibody to carry out a research project. An immunization/production schedule is provided for every project.
- See our selection of Anti-Chicken Immunoglobulin Secondary Reagents
- Hens are housed and eggs are collected for an additional 2 weeks following delivery. At this time, the customer may choose to purchase more IgY.
We recommend immunization with, between 0.5 and 2 milligrams of purified or recombinant protein per hen and prefer a concentration of at least 2 mg/ml. If possible, please supply us with 4 vials of immunogen (for 4 immunizations), the first vial (for the primary immunization) with twice as much antigen as the others. If you would like your IgY affinity purified, we need an additional 5 mg protein at a concentration greater than 3 mg/ml to make an affinity column.
Ship your purified immunogen, recombinant protein or peptide conjugate to us at:
Gallus Immunotech Inc.
6570 First Line West Garafraxa, R.R.#3
Fergus, Ontario Canada N1M 2W4
As soon as we start the immunization, we will e-mail you an immunization/production schedule so you'll know exactly when you can expect your custom IgY.
Please have a look at our Peptide synthesis page and fill out the custom peptide order form. You may order your custom IgY production on-line or by faxing us the order form. Approximately 3 to 4 weeks after you place your peptide order, we will be contacting you by e-mail with your immunization/production schedule.
Do you want us to Affinity Purify your Custom IgY?
Please have a look at our Affinity Purification page
If you want affinity-purified IgY from 2 hens immunized with a peptide that we synthesize and conjugate to KLH, please see our Affinity Purifed anti-Peptide Combo for special pricing.
A single hen, if she is in a typical laying period will produce between 1.5 and 3 grams IgY every month. Within 14 days of receipt of immune IgY, our customer has a choice to purchase additional grams of immune IgY:
The cost includes immunizations, animal care and IgY purification from immune and pre-immune eggs.
We will be happy to modify our immunization schedule to meet your needs: